Blog of The Organic Gardener

Friday, April 20, 2012

Warm Fragrant Air of Spring

Well it has been raining in the north west of England. The earth is soaked and although there's still a chill in the air it is warming up under foot.

Fruit trees are blossoming and gorgeous scent is filling the air. The atmosphere seems to stir distant childhood memories of care-free years sitting in a paddling pool.

Indeed the moist air is a stroke of luck for my garden. It will help ensure good pollination of fruit trees. They have cropped for me year after year and now I'm hopeful that this year will be a big fruiting year yet again.

But I expect some fruiting problems to result from those many strawberry plants that have to take their turn this year to be moved. I should have done this in the autumn. There's still lots stored in the deep freeze.

More later... I hope...

To find more expert advice on organic gardening why not visit my page on gardening books where the best in the bunch have been classified.

No comments:

Post a Comment